Nickie Tilsner | Certified Doula, Doula Trainer, Childbirth Educator & Community Health Outreach Worker | www.cornerstonedoulatrainings.com
- May 11th-14th; Thursday & Friday 5:30-9:30pm and Saturday & Sunday 10-6pm
- May 20th-21st; Saturday & Sunday 10:30-6pm
Cost: Labor Doula training is $550 & Postpartum is $300. All scholarship slots have already been filled for these two classes.
Link to register: www.cornerstonedoulatrainings.com/sign-up
Contact: (510) 501-7501 Mon-Fri 10am-6pm
The Core Beginner's Course is our labor doula training. It provides full preparation for becoming a birth professional. This intensive workshop covers everything an aspiring doula will need to build and maintain a strong, professional, and successful practice.
**Courses required for labor doula certification: Labor Doula Training, Postpartum Doula Training, and Homebirth for Doulas Workshop.
Course Curriculum Topics covered, but not limited to are:
- Sound and ethical business practices
- Doula’s scope of practice
- Business training for birth professionals
- Marketing, money, and gaining clientele
- Anatomy and physiology of labor and birth
- Birth psychology – mom, partner, and baby
- Pelvis and baby positioning
- Midwifery vs. technocratic models of care and navigating both modalities
- Interventions and complications and the doula’s role
- Informed consent and advocacy
- Repairing breaks in bonding
- Knowing the ins and outs of the hospital
- What to pack in your doula bag
- Doula tricks – Emotional, physical, and informational support – hands on practice
- Role play, videos, group exercises
- Burnout prevention
- Continued mentoring after class is over
- Certification offered with requirements fulfilled.
**Labor Doula Certification requirements: Attend Labor Doula Training, Postpartum Doula Training and Homebirth for Doulas workshop. You will be automatically certified as a Labor Doula after these three classes. Cornerstone offers a unique certification process including self-evaluation and mentoring which gets you certified and working quickly with minimal hoops to jump through. No certification fees or yearly dues are required.
Nickie Tilsner is a certified doula with over 17 years experience with births in all settings. She started her career in birth work in her 21st year after attending a beginner’s midwifery training that also came with a doula certification. After a year of attending births, she began a midwifery apprenticeship at a free standing birth center with a Certified Nurse Midwife as her preceptor in San Francisco.
After two years of midwifery apprenticeship she decided that doula work and education were her passions and changed her focus back to supporting new families in the doula and educator role. Over the many years of her doula practice she has learned so many valuable lessons about taking care of new families, as well as herself and her doula community and hopes to share this knowledge with the newest doula generation.
Nickie has a strong commitment to social justice and focuses these trainings on intersectionality and inclusivity. She is so very happy to be bringing all of this absolutely essential information to new doulas all over the country. Presently, her focus is on gaining a Nurse Practitioners license, raising her ten year old daughter, education, and doula training. She comes into these trainings with a broad spectrum of knowledge and a deep devotion to helping pregnant people, their partners, and their babies have the best most peaceful beginnings in their new lives together as a family. www.cornerstonedoulatrainings.com