According to Infant Massage USA, "infant massage is an age-old tradition that has been passed down from mother to daughter since the beginning of time." There are many benefits of infant massage, including both the baby and parents.
For babies, infant massage provides an endless list of benefits:
- promotes better sleep
- helps digestion
- relief for teething pains
- improves skin condition
- facilitates body awareness
- improves blood circulation
- and so much more!
For parents, infant massage allows for the ultimate bonding experience:
- parents feel more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby
- parents learn to understand and respond to baby's cues
- parents learn techniques to comfort, calm and soothe their babies
- provides an additional avenue for close and nurturing contact
At Community Well, we offer two infant massage classes, one taught in English and the second taught in Spanish. Click here for more information on the classes. We invite you to come enjoy the wonderful benefits of infant massage with your baby and meet parents in the neighborhood!