According to MacDonald Women's Hospital, a childbirth class is the perfect environment to ask questions and can help you make informed decisions about key issues surrounding your baby's birth.
Some of the information you can find out from a birthing class includes:
- How your baby is developing
- Healthy developments in your pregnancy
- Warning signs that something is wrong
- How to make your pregnancy, labor, and delivery more comfortable
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- How to write a birth plan
- How to tell when you are in labor
- Pain relief options during labor
- What to expect during labor and delivery
- The role of the coach or labor partner
Childbirth classes aim to empower you with the knowledge and confidence you need to give birth and make informed decisions with your partner. At Community Well, we offer a variety of childbirth preparation classes and maternal services to support you before, during, and after your pregnancy. From Birthing from Within to The Journey and doula services, we have a class for every stage of your pregnancy. For dates and times, check out our calendar of classes and free programs.